You sit down and wonder if the 29th February is real. Should it be a bank holiday? Are we are working for free if we’re salaried? Then we got distracted and found 29 facts to read and use up a bit of time in your extra day.
1. In 2013 over 400 plumbers were involved in accidents involving pockets.
2. Many houses in the rural districts of Nepal are constructed of cow dung mixed with mud, sand, and clay.
3. The screwdriver was originally invented by Franz Schubert in 1805.
4. The top of the Eiffel Tower leans away from the sun, as the metal facing the sun heats up and expands. It can move as much as 7 inches.
5. The sound created from clicking your fingers comes from your finger hitting your palm.
6. A year that is divisible by 100, but not by 400, does not qualify as a leap year.
7. 47% of people can bite their own shoulder?
8. 39% of work place accidents occur from slipping on a banana skin.
9. It has been calculated that you are likely to miss a step once in every 2,222 occasions you use stairs, suffer a minor accident once in every 63,000 uses, a painful accident once in every 734,000, and need hospital attention once every 3,616,667 uses.
10. The most common fire extinguishers include: foam, dry powder, water, co2 and wet chemical.
11. You are more likely to die from a falling coconut than a shark attack.
12. The chance of being born on a leap day is one in 1,461.
13. It’s impossible to hum while holding your nose.
14. -40 Celsius and -40 Fahrenheit are the same temperature.
15. If you consistently farted 6 years & 9 months, you would produce the same energy as an atomic bomb.
16. Two tablespoons of honey is enough to fuel a bee’s flight around the world.
17. Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho was the first US film to show a toilet being flushed on screen.
18. Pope Paul III, Charles Pritchard and the Rapper Ja Rule, were all born on leap day.
19. In 1991 it became compulsory for all passengers to wear a seatbelt.
20. Throughout the human body, there are approximately 60,000 miles of blood vessels.
21. The human thigh bone is stronger than concrete.
22. A broken clock shows the correct time twice a day.
23. Slugs have 4 noses.
24. You can easily change a car tyre, by fisrtly tipping the car on its side.
25. When you look up at the sky, the bright floating dots you see are your white blood cells.
26. The first animal sent up to outer space was a turkey.
27. You produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools throughout your lifetime.
28. If you ever find Bigfoot wandering through Texas, it is legal to kill it.
- 21% of the above facts are not true.
Can you guess which ones? Have your say in the comments below