It’s almost time for the annual BBC Gardeners’ World Live, and we have 5 pairs of tickets to give away, which will also get you into the BBC Good Food Show!
BBC Gardeners’ World Live is a 4 day gardening extravaganza with celebrity gardeners and top experts, design and skills workshops, the RHS floral marquee, shopping and exhibitions, garden walks, show gardens, and talks on a number of hot topics, such as allotments, gardening for wildlife, and growing your own.
DickiesStore have 5 sets of tickets to give away to the BBC Gardeners’ World Live Show, taking place from 12-15 June at the NEC Birmingham. The tickets we are giving away are valid for the 12th, 13th and 15th – but NOT for Saturday 14th.
This Year’s Highlights
The 2014 BBC Gardeners’ World Live will have a number of new feature zones this year, along with some returning favourites.
- Kitchen Garden Talks Tent: Jim Buttress and Matt Biggs will be hosting informal discussions on the benefits of growing and cooking with your own ingredients. Suitable for any skill level, from beginners to experts, these talks will be conducted by a number of Gardeners’ World presenters and local BBC gardening experts.
- Allotment Clinic: The National Allotment Society will be on hand to answer all your questions when it comes to growing your own, whether you have an allotment or a veggie patch in the back garden.
- Gardeners’ World Theatre: Monty Don, Carol Klein, Joe Swift, Diarmuid Gavin, Toby Buckland and Rachel de Thame will be sharing their top tips and advice live on stage. There will also be an important “Gardens Need Bees” talk, hosted by James Alexander-Sinclair and the British Beekeepers Association.
- Gardeners’ Inspiration: This is a new, central indoor feature designed to provide gardeners with plenty of encouragement, advice and motivation. There are 4 different sections: Plant Focus Pods, which provide gardening advice for specific plant groups; Chefs’ Kitchen Garden Containers, showing how to grow plants and ingredients in handy containers; a tips sharing area; and a Garden Solutions stage, where visitors can listen to talks on common gardening problems and engage in Q&A sessions.
- RHS Floral Marquee: There will be 98 nurseries exhibiting at this year’s show – enjoy the sights and smells of a wide array of different flowers and plants, many of which will be on sale for you to buy and grow back in your own garden.
BBC Good Food Show Summer
The BBC Good Food Show Summer will run concurrently with the BBC Gardeners’ World Live, and tickets for one will allow visitors access to the other.
Check out demonstrations from top chefs and cooking programmes, sample some delicious food from the specialty food market and BBC Good Food Kitchen restaurant, and learn some new culinary techniques to turn those home grown vegetables into an amazing meal.
See you there!