As one of the UK’s most popular hobbies, the gardening revolution has really taken off, with people looking to become self-sufficient, healthier and more sustainable. Indeed, more than 300,000 people work allotments in the UK, while over 100,000 people are on allotment waiting lists. The Edible Garden Show was launched in 2011 in response to this grow-your-own revolution, and is now putting down new roots in London.
The Edible Garden Show will be taking place at Alexandra Palace, London, from 28-30 March, 2014 – this upcoming weekend! They were kind enough to provide us with 5 pairs of tickets to give away to our fans – we’re sure our lucky winners are going to have a great, green-inspired time.
About The Show
This three day event is a mix of celebrity speakers, interactive advice sessions, cookery demonstrations, innovative products and a wide range of exhibitors selling everything you need for a slice of the ‘good life’.
Perfectly timed for the beginning of the growing season, the show is full of great advice for both aspiring and expert gardeners. Visitors will receive tips on everything from keeping bees to raising chickens, brewing beer, saving energy, healthy baking, growing your own fruit and veg, and dishing up delicious meals using these home grown ingredients.
- TV presenter James Wong will be continuing his campaign to persuade the nation to plant exotic edibles that can survive the British climate
- Christine Walkden, gardening guru on the BBC One Show, will be giving daily talks
- Trendy forager and wild food expert Mark Lloyd will also share his advice
- Author Naomi Schillinger will provide tips on growing your own food in small spaces
- Prolific writer, TV and radio presenter Pippa Greenwood returns to the experts line-up
- Poultry vet Victoria Roberts will be back with her talks on keeping healthy, happy hens
- Rachel Green will be cooking up delicious meals in the Cookery Theatre
- Popular TV chef Phil Vickery will be cooking up a storm for one day only on Saturday March 29
A Touch of Royalty
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall will be visiting The Edible Garden Show when it opens this Friday – they will tour the exhibition and also meet young people who have been taking part in a national schools’ initiative to design a ‘dream edible garden’.
The Edible Garden Show will be staged at Alexandra Palace, London, from 28-30 March, 2014. Tickets cost £12 in advance (£16 on the door) with concessions for children and seniors. For more information or to buy tickets visit: www.theediblegardenshow.co.uk or ring the ticket hotline on 0844 338 8001. See you there!